Problems & Treatments
Physiotherapy can be used to treat a variety of problems from back pain to sports injuries and the nature of the treatment will depend upon the individual problem being dealt with. The first step in any consultation is to capture all relevant information from the patient and from this identify exactly what the problem is and how it can be treated.
Your physiotherapist will clearly explain what the problem appears to be, how it will be treated and what results you can expect from the treatment. At any stage your physiotherapist will be able to address any queries or concerns that you may have.
In addition to the treatment that you receive in the clinic you may also receive additional lifestyle recommendations and exercise regimes as appropriate. This combination of factors serves to provide the best all-round solution to your problems.
Problems that may be helped by physiotherapy include :
- Back pain (including upper back pain and lower back pain) and disc problems
- Neck pain
- Sports injuries / soft tissue injuries
- Rehabilitation post surgery eg hip and knee replacements / spinal surgery
- Sprains and strains
- Specific conditions like tennis and golfers elbow , frozen shoulder........and many more
Treatments offered include :
- Manual therapy techniques
- Electrotherapy - ultrasound and interferential
- Sara Key Technique (specialist approach to backcare)